Stop the Madness!On June 2nd, 2011, by
Are you on a roller coaster going up and down so quickly that it’s difficult to get off the ride? Perhaps the treadmill of your life is going too fast because you are being bombarded by too much coming at you? If you resonate with any of these statements, it’s time to stop the madness!
Since launching The Leadership Collaborative at the end of April, I’ve been out in the marketplace with intention; I’ve been speaking, networking and engaging the field to learn more. And boy am I learning what others in business are facing and it can all be boiled down to one word:
This overwhelm is showing up in many ways; see which of these you can relate to:
- Life changes/transitions are at an all time high—loss of a well-loved pet, moving, personal health issue, graduation, end of school, ailing family member and unexpected financial matters just to name a few.
- Wearing too many hats—trying to run multiple businesses, taking on activities that aren’t aligned with passion or expertise, adding more to the plate without assessing what needs to be let go.
- Mediocre financial results—just getting by, barely covering the expenses, surviving instead of thriving.
- Too much activity—doing, doing, doing without any time to slow down, assess and plan with purpose.
If you can relate to any of these scenarios, let me ask from a place of deep humility and love the question that Dr. Phil always asks… “How’s that working for you?”
My hunch is that it’s not.
Now let me contrast the above scenario with another person I met last week. She decided to make a 180 degree shift from her 20-year career in the judicial system to launching a speaking/training business. She’s following her “lights” and integrating her love of photography into a platform that reconnects others to the core through nature as a vehicle to help them find their passion. She has a book coming out in August, she’s working on her website, promoting her speaking and because of her clarity, passion and plan she has opportunities abounding and she’s getting tangible results.
So why isn’t she overwhelmed? What makes her different that the others I mentioned above?
- She knows herself which helps her to know when to say “yes” and when to say “no”.
- She has a vision which guides her even in the chaos.
- She has a plan to take care of herself and slows down daily.
- She has a strategy and continually revisits it to adjust and stay in momentum.
Here’s the truth: If you want to stop the madness in your own life and eliminate the overwhelm, these four elements are essential and non-negotiable.
So what’s true for you? Are you ready to stop the insanity which is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?
I’m on a mission to stop the madness! If you’re serious like me, then let me help you take a stand for your heart. Give yourself the gift of a 15-minute free, no obligation call to find out what your one next step is. Contact me to schedule your appointment today. At a minimum, schedule 15-minutes in your own calendar to slow down.
You have everything to gain and nothing to lose.